Re[2]: Docbook: Graphics for navigation links

Felix Natter <fnatter@gmx.net> wrote:

> look at http://www.gnome.org->documentation (or www.kde.org)
> both projects are using docbook for documentation now, and they use
> a dtd on top of docbook 3.1 because it does not yet support png.
> (that seems weird to me, too. with docbook being advertised as an "open
> standard"..)

I'm familiar with the kde stuff, which seems to use their variations on the
cygnus stylesheets, and db2html. I am trying to use graphic nav links with the
Docbook Modular stylesheets. I think text vs. graphic nav links is a
stylesheet issue, no?

But you're right, they (kde) have added png support for graphics.

> please tell me if you find a distribution (like the cygnus one)
> for docbook 4.0 with XML.

Not sure what you mean here: "like the cygnus one."  Do you mean, for
instance, "one that has an HTML stylesheet and something like db2html"?

--
Bob Bernstein                  http://www.ruptured-duck.com