Re: which sound configuration utility?

>I had a go at repackaging sndconfig for Debian
>recently, and found that
>it depends rather heavily on kudzu (Red Hat's
>hardware configuration
>system). I came to the conclusion that it would take
>either a major
>rewrite of sndconfig or a reworking of Debian's
>hardware detection
>system to get sndconfig to work on Debian.
Has anyone seen RedHat's HW detection in action?  It's
real cool!  I swapped some HW on a system running
RedHat and rebooted the system.  It automagicly
detected the new HW (video card) during kernel boot
and installed the required drivers all by itself!
(Just like windows!)  This has to be backported into
Debian!

=====
Amateur Radio, when all else fails!

http://www.qsl.net/wa2mze