Re: magicfilter vs. apsfilter

On Wed, Apr 26, 2000 at 02:19:55AM +0200, Torsten Landschoff wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> On Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 04:17:57PM +0200, andreas.klemm.ak@bayer-ag.de wrote:
> > Browsed through the Debian mailinglist archive concerning apsfilter.
> > Interesting ;-) Concerning your question ...
>
> I guess it was not my question because I don't remember asking ;-)

;-)

> I think we can have those drivers in the Debian package as well. Good to
> know who is working on it for FreeBSD. I think there is a lot of stuff which
> can be done to gs so perhaps we can join forces and get something running.

O.k. thanks !

> For example I wanted to move the drivers out of the main binary (kind of
> plugins) but I did not have the time lately. RL is always in the way :(

good idea.

> I wonder if the copyright of those profiles is known. I like to include them
> but I think the ultimate way to improve all Ghostscript distributions is
> to shuffle it upstream.

hmmm ... maybe I have to ask peter.

> > Maybe it would be an advantage, if Matej could take over maintainership
> > of the gs port. My experience as owner of gs and apsfilter port in FreeBSD
> > is, that "it%s a good thing (tm)". So apsfilter and gs are in sync. But
> > that%s only a proposal. It%s not necessarily needed.
>
> If you want to take gs, Matej, I have no problem with that. I can always
> find enough work with other packages ;)

It's up to you and him ;-) Matej ? ;-)

> The Debian package has a hp8xx driver from
> http://www.erdw.ethz.ch/~bonk/ftp/gs-driver-distrib/hp8xxs13.zip. IIRC the
> hp880c driver is derived from it and was intended to move into the hp8xx
> sources. Also I think this driver is now included in gs 6.0.
>
> Sorry, I am tired so I don't want to check - I am just trying to get my
> email answered before I fall asleep.

;-) Have to "run" to work now ;-)

> > # contributed uniprint profiles
> > CONTRIB_UPP=    lqx70ch.upp lqx70cl.upp lqx70cm.upp \
> >                 stc740ih.upp stc740p.upp stc740pl.upp
>
> We don't have that.

You can get the contribution from my apsfilter package, its in
the uniprint subdir and the README file keeps track of the
purpose of the file and the contributor.

> Hmm, who pays for the paper ,-)

Dunno, don't have such a printer ;-)

> I am sure he will. Thanks for sending me a copy. This information was very
> interesting for me...

Thanks, very kind from you.

> BTW: Is there an easy way to find out who is maintaining a port for FreeBSD?
> I mean to find the maintainer of gs, for example, you can go to
> http://packages.debian.org/gs, click on the newest package and you have the
> current maintainer. Is there something similar on the FreeBSD webpages?

You could read the INDEX file, which contains all information
or you can search for a port, and get all infos you need...

	Andreas ///

--
Andreas Klemm                               http://people.FreeBSD.ORG/~andreas
                                     http://www.freebsd.org/~fsmp/SMP/SMP.html