Re: Netscape

Philip C Mendelsohn <mend0070@tc.umn.edu> writes:

> On one of my other machines, I need to have Netscape Navigator installed,
> so I can have a browser that does RSA secure https:// browsing (for some
> online banking.)
>
> I am very much in the learning curve of dselect and apt-get, and alien
> doesn't like to talk to the Mandrake rpm's I have lying around.

Try
    apt-get install navigator-smotif-472 netscape-java-472 \
      navigator-nethelp-472 fortify

as root. If your apt/sources.list is configured correct (frozen/potato
or unstable/woody) you should after some time and some questions to
fortify navigator (= patch it to 128-bit cryptography) be able to surf
ahead.

Greetings,
joachim