General Protection Fault

How do I solve a General Protection Fault (Oops = 0002), I get it when I
boot with the rescue disk, when trying to install (right after mounting
the root filesystem (RAM)) it gives the errors, and ends with: Aiee,
killing the interrupt handler
If you need more information, I wrote all the output down so I can post it
if that would help you...

The system started giving general protection faults after I upgraded it
(general protection faults both in linux as in windows) from a P166 with
32 M to a amd k6-2 533 with 128 M.

HELP!!!

Ron Rademaker