Re: mounting a NTFS partition at boot time

Shao Zhang wrote:

> > Could you post the line in fstab?
>
> Here are a couple of lines from my fstab:
> # <pass>
> [...]
> /dev/hda5       /vol/nt        ntfs   defaults,errors=remount-ro 0      0
                                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wenn I do mount -a with that line in fstab I get:
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hda5,
       or too many mounted file systems

Looks like mount chokes itself on the "errors=remount-ro"-option, which
makes kinda sense, because the NTFS driver in the 2.2 kernel is
read-only anyhow.  Leave defaults in the options field and everything
works fine.

MfG Viktor
--
Viktor Rosenfeld