Greetings!

Greetings

I am new to this list and hope to be here for a long time.  Just to
introduce myself, I am 20 y/o male from South Africa.  I am mainly a
Visual Basic programmer (Hold your tounges before commenting on MS).  I
played around a while back with Phat Linux but lost it with a hd crash.
I now am running Storm Linux 2000 and I must say it was quite a
exilirating experience installing  linux on it's own partition (seeing
as Phat runs on a dos partition).  I am a bit fed up with MS as I feel
strongly about learning from each other rather then trying to bully
everyone to get to #1 as that to me is not the meaning of life.

Well to get down to business, I really need a helping hand with Sound
card installation.  I have a Ess Es1869 Audiodrive card.  I have
allready done a pnpdump and edited the /etc/isapnp.conf file accordingly
(as far as I know it's correct).  The sound card still does not want to
work and the IRQ's isn't causing any errors.  I have a feeling I still
need to install some drivers.  If anyone has some suggestions about what
could be wrong and possibly tell me where I could find the drivers to
install I would appretiate it immensely.

Thank you

RavenCrow

"He who laughs at a question is not worth being asked in the first
place"