Re: connect to Internet via cable modem

Matthew Quigley wrote:

> Any thought on how I can do this?  Any packages out there to do this?
>
> --

Try the Cable-Modem mini HOWTO.

http://www.oswg.org/oswg-nightly/Cable-Modem.html

You'll probably need a dhcp client like dhcpcd.  I use rr in Albany, NY
and it was pretty easy to set up.  Here are some other links to check
out:

http://www.fammed.ohio-state.edu/shane/rr/c2c/
http://www.hoku.net/projects/rrhowto/RoadRunner-Hawaii-HOWTO.html
http://people.qualcomm.com/karn/rr/

Or, in any search engine type something like this:

                +roadrunner +linux +kansas

Beware, rr is not the same everywhere.  For example, in Albany we do not
have to login to rr but I think some places still do.

Good luck.
--

Brian J. Stults
Doctoral Candidate