screen in blocking mode.

I just did a dist-upgrade.  I BELIEVE my version of screen has changed
or something.  At any rate, it seems that screen is running in some
form of "blocking" mode.  If I do an "ls -la" in a large dir, it prints
out about 20 lines and waits for me to hit enter before it continues.
SSH was upgraded, but I don't see this behavior unless I'm running
screen on the machine I'm ssh'ing to.

Help????

:wq!
Robert L. Harris                |  Microsoft:
                                \_       that important!
DISCLAIMER:
FYI: