Kernel compilation

Under the most recent Corel Linux I compiled 2.2.14 for a
notebook and everything went fine.
I can ping around the globe, do nslookups, and dig.
I also can ping back and forth within my intranet.
No worries here.

However, any browser, whatsoever refuses to bring up web pages
from the internet. Telnet, ftp etc. do not connect.

lo and eth0 are up and running just fine.

route table is fine too.

Question:
o Did I miss something I should have included in the kernel?
o What kind of software pieces are actually needed, and in
  which order, to fully establish an internet, or any network
connection?
o Could I eventually have missed out on some socket stuff?

Thanks.

Johannes

mailto:johannes@workmail.com

Phi, the relation between everything.