Re: apt-get upgrade, bad news

Try dpkg -i dhelp*.deb.  It may require a few other things first.  Looks
like doc-linux-html needs the newer version of dhelp.

Alternatively:
$ dpkg --remove dhelp
$ apt-get dist-upgrade
$ apt-get install dhelp

If you're upgrading distribution level, you should use "dist-upgrade"
rather than "upgrade" since it's supposed to be more intelligent about
handling dependencies.