Re: sources of debian apps: is there a standard place?

On Wed, Apr 12, 2000 at 03:35:26PM -0400, Brenda J. Butler wrote:

> Is there any similar place in debian for these sources, or
> do people put them where they feel like?  If I put
> them in /usr/src/debian, is that a Bad Idea?  Where
> should I put them (probably my home directory or
> /usr/local/src, I'm guessing)?

You can put them pretty much wherever you like. i tend to unpack all the
sources i need into subdirs of /tmp, and then move them to subdirs of
/usr/local/src if i want to keep them around. i usually build Debian
sources into debs which i keep in /usr/local/debs. I have apt configured
to look there as well as the normal http mirrors, so i don't have to put
up with all my locally compiled packages being "Obsolete" in dselect.

--
  finger for GPG public key.