Re: fetchmail / s10/10.0.2.15

I tried commenting out the following lines in my ~/.fetchmailrc file
like so:

# This is what the developer's .fetchmailrc looks like:

set daemon 300  # Poll at 5-minute intervals

#defaults
#       interface "sl0/10.0.2.15"       # SLIRP standard address
#       user esr is esr fetchmail-friends magic-numbers here
#       fetchall

I logged in and out to be sure the changes in the file took but I still
get the following
error:

fire:/home/fkent# fetchmail -c mail.inebraska.com
fetchmail: skipping poll of mail.inebraska.com, sl0/10.0.2.15 down

I took a look at /usr/bin/fetchmailconf and don't see anywhere
I can turn off those numbers.
I don't have 'X' on this system.  I suppose it would be a snap if
I could use the 'X' fetchmail config tool to get things set up.
Thanks,
kent