Re: fetchmail / s10/10.0.2.15

On Sun, Apr 09, 2000 at 03:05:41PM -0500, ktb wrote:
> I just tried using fetchmail in the 'check'  mode "fetchmail -c
> mail.inebraska.com" and got the following error:
>
> skipping poll of mail.inebraska.com, s10/10.0.2.15 down

That's saying the the interface sl0 isn't configured, which is
not very surprising.  As you show below, the sl* interfaces are
used with SLIRP  And chances are you are using a "standard" dial-up.

> I'm using the example ~/.fetchmailrc file.  Within that file there is an
> entry:
>
> defaults
> interface "s10/10.0.2.15  #SLIRP Standard Address
>
> I don't know what these numbers refer to.  Do I need to change these
> numbers?  I can't find any numbers similar to these in my isp documentation.
> What I can gather from the net SLIRP is "a TCP/IP emulator which turns a
> shell account into a (C)SLIP/PPP account via modem."  I'm not sure what to
> do with this.

If indeed you are on a regular dial-up type PPP connection to your
ISP then just either comment out that line or just downright
*delete* that line.  As near as I can tell the interface definition
is not mandatory - I don't have one but I get my mail just fine.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD           |  "Where do you want to go today?"
ICQ# 12934898                 |  "As far from Redmond as possible!"