RE: how do I upgrade Netscape to 128 bit version

On 09-Apr-2000 18:48:29 Rupe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The Debian packages currently available to install Netscape 4.72
> contain
> the binary themselves.  The binary they contain is the weak
> encryption
> binary.  I have looked around for one of the old-style packages
> that
> would look for the binary in /tmp, but can't find one.
>
> How can I replace the netscape that is installed by these packages
> with
> the 128bit strong encryption one?
>
> I tried to do this by hand once before and broke Netscape quite
> thoroughly.
>
> -- Which binary should I download from Netscape, glibc I assume?
>
> I am using Debian-potato; kernel 2.2.12

I thought the installer was *just* an installer used to install the
binary you obtain from Netscape.  You need to obtain the binary that
is *not* for export, that is the 128bit strong encryption version.

There is another way to do this, and this is how I did it.
I obtained "Fortify" and installed it, and that made my 40bit
encrypted version into a 128bit.

http://www.fortify.net/intro.html

--
Andrew