Re: want only 1 lp

	Subject: want only 1 lp
	Date: Sat, Apr 08, 2000 at 03:00:24PM -0700

Quoting Kenneth Scharf(scharkalvin@yahoo.com):
Kenneth>
Kenneth> I have 3 lp cards in my computer at dos addresses
Kenneth> lpt1, lpt2, and lpt3.  I only want the one at lpt1 to
Kenneth> be attached to the lp driver(s).  I want the other two
Kenneth> ports free for my own software.  I am running potato

I only use one lp port for debian.  As the 2.2.x and above kernels
have renumbered the ports (lp1 now is lp0) I have this in my lilo.
config.

append  = "hdd=cdrom lp=parport0 parport=0x378,none"

The ',none' is to ignore IRQ's, thus freeing up an IRQ for other
uses.

 Wayne  WA1BBB
 N 42 32.776
 W 74 41.201

--
Real programmers don't comment their code.  It was hard to write, it
should be hard to understand.