Re: CD/RW under potato

    > On 07-Apr-2000 Dr. Simon Read wrote:
    >> Folks,
    >>

    >> I know I have  to use the ide-scsi drivers, but I  have no idea how to
    >> configure them.   I can't make them  recognise the devices  I have.  I
    >> have a regular CD drive and the CD/RW (an HP 8200i) connected to ide0,
    >> so they are hdc and hdd.

if they're on ide0, they're hda and hdb.
then, if you have to use ide-scsi, remember that the "reader" is scdx
and the writer is sgy where x and y may be different. For example, my
cd-rw is scd0 when I want to read a cd  (because it's the first
cd-reader on the scsi cable) but it's sg2 when I want to write a cd
because there are 2 HD with a lower ID, so they come first.

Pf

 Pierfrancesco Caci  |   mailto:p.caci@flashnet.it - http://gusp.infogroup.it
  ik5pvx - Firenze   | Office for the Complication of Otherwise Simple Affairs
     Linux penny 2.3.99-pre3 #1 Tue Apr 4 19:05:03 CEST 2000 i686 unknown