Re: Mutt questions (Was: Looking for a good mail program)

On 4/7/2000, 5:26:43 AM, Chanop Silpa-Anan <chanop@syseng.anu.edu.au> wrote
regarding Re: Mutt questions
> Once upon a time, I heard Richard  Taylor say
> > On 4/6/2000, 7:31:18 PM, Chanop Silpa-Anan <chanop@syseng.anu.edu.au>
> > > Once upon a time, I heard Viktor Rosenfeld say

> > >   Me too, it's too slow!
> > :} Tried 6?

> Even slower than M14 :P

 :} It runs a bit faster on my system... I never did care for their
mailer anyway. Somehow, my brain doesn't make the "browser/mail"
connection... I've got no problem with the "office/mail" one.

> > This {staroffice} isn't too bad... seeing as it's integrated into the
> > office package you've got a lot of capabilities at your fingertips...
> > and... 5.2's up now.
> But, it's vey bulky.

 Yeah... unfortunately. With a largish amount of memory it's not a real
problem though. And... once the thing loads it's reasonably fast. I'm
used to emacs {tho' I never really noticed the slow starts with that one
that folk always complained about.} and used to having everything sort of
"attached".

 Considering that I've got ready access to everything from a decent
wysiwyg html editor to a browser, databases, etc, etc... I can't really
complain.