Fooling apt-get about new kernel?

Hi,

How to temporarily trick apt-get not to try to install the new kernel
2.2.14-3 until I have got the time to build a new one based on the
most recent sources, 2.2.14-4?

I have an smp system, patched for gart, and my current kernel is based
on the 2.2.14-2 source, version 2.2.14-2smp. Since the distributed
kernel is newer, 2.2.14-3, this version should naturally be installed
if I did not have an smp system. Of course, since the base versions
are 2.2.14, you can always answer no every time to the install
script. Better solutions?

What about Debian distributing smp kernels? Other distributions do!