How to recreate /var?

Hello,

2 days ago I had to resize my /var partition, because it ran out of space. I did
it with Partition Magic 4. Well, something went wrong :-(. I had to e2fsck the
partition. Everything that was stored on it was gone to lost+found. I was able
to save some data. My problem is that plenty programs now complain about wrong
permissions and won't work (or not as they are supposed to). How can I recreate
the structure of my /var partition without having to reinstall the whole system?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Robert

-----
PS: Please reply to <rkasunic@yahoo.com>. Thanks.