Re: Installing StarOffice 5.1 from CD

> I am trying to install StarOffice 5.1 from the official sun
> CD onto a debian potato system.  However when I try the set
> up program from inside the  /cdrom/linux/office51 directory,
> I get the following error:
>
> # ./setup
> bash: ./setup: Permission denied

the file has probably no execute permissions.
a "ls -l setup" should show up permissions like "r-xr-xr-x" or only
have you mounted the cdrom with the noexec or umask options?
umask should be 222 and noexec must not be used, if you want to install
directly from cd.

Linux - the last service pack you'll ever need.