Re: Installing StarOffice 5.1 from CD

The file is executable by all users and I do not have noexec opions on the
CD.  I have set the umask to 222.

I sill get the same problem and after reading through the readme on the CD
it seems that there is a problem with glibc libraries.  It looks like star
office needs to have a specific version installed, which I beleve is older
than the current version in potato.

I dont fancy messing around with libraries so I guess I will just bin star
office until someone comes up with an installer.

Johnny.

Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:

> > I am trying to install StarOffice 5.1 from the official sun
> > CD onto a debian potato system.  However when I try the set
> > up program from inside the  /cdrom/linux/office51 directory,
> > I get the following error:
> >
> > # ./setup
> > bash: ./setup: Permission denied
> >
> the file has probably no execute permissions.
> a "ls -l setup" should show up permissions like "r-xr-xr-x" or only
> "r-x------".
> have you mounted the cdrom with the noexec or umask options?
> umask should be 222 and noexec must not be used, if you want to install
> directly from cd.
>
> --
> Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into your ~/.signature, please!
> --
> Linux - the last service pack you'll ever need.
begin:vcard
n:Stevenson;John
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:Valtech Ltd