Re: XF86Setup

Once upon a time, I heard Steve White say

> Greetings,
>
> I have an ATI Rage 128 XPERT 2000 video card and the XF86Setup program does not seem to be able to start x after I finish the configuration. It says it is attempting to, then the screen goes dark and stays that way until reboot. Any suggestions?

Get latest Xfree, ie 3.3.6. It's in potato now. Or try Binary only server from
xfree.org. I've also heard sth about putting vga=791 or 792 to kernel inorder
to get some of Rage board to work, but it seems that I don't need it for Rage
Mobility on GW Solo9300.

Chanop
| Chanop Silpa-Anan                 <Chanop.Silpa-Anan@faceng.anu.edu.au>     |
| Australian National University                                              |
| got sparetime ?                                                             |
| http://kenji.anu.edu.au/                                                    |
|          Debian GNU/Linux           GPG key on request                      |