Re: Looking for a good mail program

On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Hilary Hertzoff wrote:

> As a rule I'm very happy reading my mail in Pine through a shell
> account.  However occasionally I receive an attachment that I need to
> use another program to view.  Can somebody recommend a good mail
> program similar to pine that can handle attachments?  I don't want

I'm not sure what you are looking for.  All reasonable versions of Pine
can save attachments, and recent versions of Pine can cope with attached
HTML messages, too.  As for attached VCards, graphics, movies, Word
documents... I'm not sure what you want your mail program to do with them.
Pine allows you to associate external viewers with particular MIME types,
which is I think about the best you're going to get.

In other words... I don't know what features exactly Pine is lacking. :}