Re: MST7MDT timezone broken?

On Wed, Apr 05, 2000 at 01:51:37PM -0400, Bob Hilliard wrote:
>      No problems here, either, using up-to-date potato with libc6 2.1.3-7.
> I haven't seen it documented, but from experience, I believe the
> daylight saving change is only done if the hardware clock is set to
> GMT (UTC=yes in /etc/default/rcS).

Just for the record, my hardware clock is set to UTC. I have filed a bug
report against libc6 for this problem as it's been discussed here.

>      For those who complained about cron being off, see man (8)cron:

This explains why it might behave oddly once, but my cron stayed off by an
hour for a few days. I imagine this is because cron was started when my
timezone was MST7MDT, and was still behaving accordingly (that is, according
to the broken MST7MDT timezone rules). When I changed the timezone to
Canada/Mountain, therefore, cron would not have noticed, at least until it's
restarted.

--
Scott Barker       scott@mostlylinux.ab.ca
Linux Consultant   http://www.mostlylinux.ab.ca/scott

Help me spread the word: I'm single and looking for a relationship.
http://www.mostlylinux.ab.ca/scott/single.shtml

[ Unsolicited commercial and junk e-mail will be proof-read for US$100 ]

"Without something, there is no nothing."
  - Chief, _Spice World_