Cannot ssh from woody --> slink

Hi

	I have a slink-based machine (running the Linux Router Project,
actually) that I use as a server, and a workstation I dual-boot with Win NT
and Debian woody.  I can ssh to the server from

	(1) itself, using ssh 1.2.26
	(2) my workstation in Win NT (using SecureCRT)
	(3) my wife's Win NT machine, using SecureCRT

	I can also ssh from the server to the workstation.  However, using
the latest binaries, I cannot ssh to the server from my workstation running
woody.  The IP is the same in WinNT mode as in Linux, so there's no firewall
on the server preventing this.

	If I run "ssh -v myserver", I see (as best I can recall) something
like this:

------------
Connecting to myserver [192.168.1.1] port 22.
Allocated local port 1023.
Connection closed.
--------------

Here are some things I have tried:

	(1) Both ssh-nonfree and openssh packages
	(2) Removing and regenerating /etc/ssh/
	(3) Removing ~/.ssh
	(4) Attempting to ssh from a newly created user ID
	(5) Removing known_hosts from the server
	(6) Running the server's sshd in debug mode (with -d flag)

When I ran sshd in debug mode, it died when I tried to connect from the
workstation, with a complaint about not forking in debug mode.  Fair enough,
perhaps.

	So, I am now completely stumped!  The fundamental issue, I suppose,
is why can I ssh in from WinNT, but not from Debian?  Has anybody else got a
theory as to why this might be happening?  Help!

			Yours,

				Brian