Re: MST7MDT timezone broken?

On Wed, Apr 05, 2000 at 10:00:47AM -0500, John Hasler wrote:
> > I also have libc6 2.1.3-7 (I was 'apt-get dist-upgrade' up-to-date before
> > the time-change weekend arrived).  And I had the problem with EST5EDT,...
>
> I'm in CST.  If you are willing to experiment you could try it on your box.

Good idea; since the timezone files seem to be the issue (and the
difference between our systems) I'd expect that CST might work while
EST was broken.  Unfortunately I'm off today to a 10-day conference and
don't have the time to experiment before I leave.  If anyone can test
and compare EST5EDT, CST6CDT, MST7MDT for the daylight time transition
they would be doing us all a great service.

- MikeT

P.S. - I'll be in CDT for the next week at the conference, so I won't
have to worry about timezones :).

--
Michael E. Touloumtzis		mailto:toumi01@ca.com	-or-
Ingres Product Development	mailto:Michael.Touloumtzis@ca.com