Mouse and XF86Setup

Greetings,

I have tried all sensible combinations I can think of in trying to get movement out of the mouse while using XF86Setup. I have a Microsoft mouse which was identified as PS/2 under Windows, but which I also think might be an Intellimouse as I had to disable the Intellimouse features under Windows to get Statistica to run. I tried Microsoft, PS/2, and Intelimouse for protocols, all /dev/ttyS[x]'s available, as well as the /dev/mouse, and /dev/psaux. Anyone have a path for me to follow here?

Best Regards,
Steve