Re: two card clash

it would be helpful if you included output from dmesg, and also did you
try to insmod the rtl8139 module manually ? if it loads(with or without
errors) run dmesg again and see what the kernel says.

i have run dual 3com 3c905s and dual rtl8139s with no trouble.  there is
the matter of the PCI bus, if you are installing a 2nd card after the
system is configured and it is in a lower pci slot, the system would
detect it first making the 2nd card eth0, but thats not a linux problem(in
my opinion)

nate