Install XFree86 4.0 on Potato

Hi! Debian Friends,

Thank you all the help of yours, the ppp dial-out now work!

Now I have another lesson to learn, it's install the XFree86 4.0
(non .deb packages) on Potato.

I have already download the necessary binary files of Free86 4.0
(following to the XFree86's document), but I am afraid that if I
follow the instruction of XFree86 to install (us Xinstall), it will make
the dkpg system confuse (my debian box do not have X Window right
now), which way is the better way to install the XFree86 4.0  on Potato?

Thanks and have a nice weekend!

Alex