Re: Include directories

Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:

> > So basically my question is: Is it OK to softlink the include
> > directories?  Or does the "don't mess with anything, but
> > /usr/local/"-policy aplly and is there a Right Way [TM] to change the
> > development environment?  What other directories have to be changed
> > (/usr/include/scsi seems to be a good candidate, too.)?
> >
> the policy it simple: mess only with the different /usr/src/linux-*
> directories. there should be a symlink /usr/src/linux to the
> sources of the currently running kernel - the rest works automatically, if
> the kernel was compiled once (this sets up the other symlinks).

But that's not my problem.  /usr/src/linux is a symlink to
/usr/local/src/linux-2.2.14.  But when I compiled a kernel module (that
is not part of the stock kernel!) from /usr/local/src/whatever it would
use the include files in /usr/include/linux, which makes sense to me if
there's just a #include <linux/whatever> in the source (although I'm not
a C programmer).  /usr/include/linux/version.h says, it's for Linux
2.0.36, which makes sense, too, because that's the kernel, that comes
along with Debian slink.

So my problem is not a kernel compile, that works fine.  My problem is
compiling a kernel module that is not part of the official kernel
against the kernel.  Or in other words: How do I modify
/usr/include/linux?

MfG Viktor
--
Viktor Rosenfeld