Re: Help

> > easily enough, but never could decipher the signature of this list.
> > Since more and more people from corel and storm distros are joining,
> > maybe a more decipherable sig could be written?  Such as:

Hello,

<begin rant>

That's what it already says, or actually "If you want to unsubscribe
send a mail message with 'unsubscribe' as the subject and nothing
in the body, addressed to 'debian-user-request@lists.debian.org'"

What could be clearer :) ?

A lot of the functionality and power of Linux (Unix), from the user's
point of view, is the ability to do non-trivial things with simple
commands.  Add to that the ability to combine two or more of those
individual commands together ( | > < , etc ) and you have flexibility
and (after some experience) ease of use.

Things that are perhaps difficult to learn are often easy to use once
you do.
If you start making things "easier" for the novice, pretty soon you'll
end up with a huge, bloated gui system with some fill-in-the-blank
dialog boxes and no flexibility.  You'll be back to Windows.

Let's don't make the operating system 'dumber'.  Let's have users
who are willing to learn.

<end of rant>

Robert