Re: Help

On Wed, Mar 29, 2000 at 07:34:52PM -0500, Chris Gray was only
   escaped alone to tell thee:

> > it just means helping others get there more smoothly.

GNU's Not Unix, but most especially it is not Windoh!s -- so let's not
discard every element of geekish elitism which == discarding the Unix
way of doing things. Nevertheless, it would be helpful if people wouldn't
assume that everyone knows of the 'mail' program, for instance. The .sig
is hard for CL newbies and they are not sinners for that. Keep the .sig
by all means, but please count to ten before reaching for a LART.

> I had been seeing this thing at the bottom of each email for months and
> finally its meaning clicked.

It simply takes months for subtleties to sink in -- I didn't get it at first
either, though I write shell scripts, simply because I don't think of a
mail program as something that can be run, start to finish, from a
command line.

> It's also the most elegant way to unsubscribe from the list.

Except for people on ISP's with dynamic IP's and no net.names. Then MTA's
are rejected for having non-resolvable domain names. mutt points to sSMTP,
not sendmail, but mail doesn't change that easily.

--
bedlam@concentric.net | the one true pwd(5)