Re: Can't mount SyQuest EZFlyer 230 MB!!!

On Wed, Mar 29, 2000 at 08:51:21AM -0700, Cameron Matheson wrote:

> I can't mount my syquest ezflyer zip-type drive.  The kernel detects it,
> but when I try to mount it, it gives me an error that says "wrong fs
> type, bad superblock, or too many mounted filesystems."  I trying to
> mount it as vfat or msdos.  The disk works fine in windows, and it spins
> up in Linux, it just won't mount, because it says "Can not find a valid
> MSDOS partition."

(Hmm...)  Maybe this doesn't apply to your situation -- but I had
something very similar occur with one 100 meg disk in a parallel port
ZIP drive.  In my case, the disk was HPFS-formatted (OS/2), and the drive
had been shut down less than gently, with the disk in place.  In order
to fix the problem, I had to run OS/2's "chkdsk" on it with the /F
switch (so chkdsk would fix any problems it found).  After I'd done
that, linux could mount the disk when told its type was 'hpfs'.

--

 -- Jeff --   <http://www.wellnow.com>

 "There's nothing left in the world to prove.  All that's worth doing
  is to love one another, using whatever means are available to serve."