Re: Limiting user access in ftp, ssh, samba, etc... 'passwords'

On Mon, Mar 27, 2000 at 05:34:45PM -0900, Ethan Benson wrote:
> read the rest of my message!  yes i am familier with it, its fine for
> *nix users and for the paranoid on lessor OSes, but when it comes to
> telling *users* of say MacOS to give up thier pretty GUI drag and
> drop, point and drool ftp clients for scp (which works completly
> different, and to them is very clumsy (which it is on a GUI)) your not
> going to get a very desireable response.

I don't use mac, but I saw a nice interface to ssh and scp too, in mac
style. Its name is Nifty telnet, if I remember correctly.

> only the most powerful and invulnerable BOFH could pull off a forced
> migration from ftp -> scp ;-)

I don't think so. I saw a departmentet leaving telnet/ftp for ssh/scp. Ftp
must be only anonymous. If you give instruments for transition, is is
really possible. :-)

bye
Christian

--