Re: Limiting user access in ftp, ssh, samba, etc... 'passwords'

On Mon, Mar 27, 2000 at 02:56:57PM -0500, John F. Davis wrote:

> Are you familiar with scp?  I use putty's pscp for scp transfers between
> windows and linux.  You ought to try it.  It rocks.

read the rest of my message!  yes i am familier with it, its fine for
*nix users and for the paranoid on lessor OSes, but when it comes to
telling *users* of say MacOS to give up thier pretty GUI drag and
drop, point and drool ftp clients for scp (which works completly
different, and to them is very clumsy (which it is on a GUI)) your not
going to get a very desireable response.

only the most powerful and invulnerable BOFH could pull off a forced
migration from ftp -> scp ;-)

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/