Re: xf86config

Lee  <lee@gravitate.org> writes:
Lee> When I try to 'startx' my X program will start, however it gets
Lee> to a grey screen and has a cross in the middle of it, and it
Lee> pauses,

What do you mean by "pause"?  Assuming the mouse responds, this means
you've done most of the hard work of playing in the XF86Config file;
in particular, your video is more likely than not set up correctly.

Lee> Also I use a USB mouse, does linux support that?

Probably not, *maybe* in the pre-2.4 kernels.  Try using an
established industry-accepted hardware protocol, like a PS/2 mouse
(connect to a 6-pin DIN connector on your computer and /dev/psaux in
Linux).

--
David Maze             dmaze@mit.edu          http://www.mit.edu/~dmaze/
	-- Abra Mitchell