debian install

Richard McNally writes:
 > Debian,
 > I bought debian thinking it was a purist Open Source
 > product. However, I got it home and can't get beyond installing the
 > base system. The product hangs and gives a message like"a problem
 > occurred when installing Base System..."

 > Any suggestions? I bought O'Reilly's "learning Debinan" with the cd
 > in back; same thing there as on the debian boxed product,
 > advertised btw as "the last linux os you will ever need to buy" O
 > yeah?  Nothing on support, nothing in the books, nothing on FAX. Do
 > you guys support this product at all?

"You guys", being precisely whom? O'Reilly? Volunteers? Other users?

Without meaning to be rude, this comes close to qualifying as a RTFM
question, meaning that the information you need is either a) in the
documentation, or b)obvious from the context of what you are trying to
do.

However, on the off chance that it is neither, I suggest that you post
EXACTLY what the problem is, when it occurs, and what the error
message says EXACTLY, so the other people can understand your
situation.

Since NO ONE is paid to support this software (it is, after all, Open
Source, as you noted), we all do it because we like each other. Be
nice, and we will like you, too, and try to help.

--
Robb Aley Allan
rallan@helical.com	rallan@minskoff.com	allanr@acm.org