Re: eth0 fighting ppp0 (maybe)

Eric G . Miller said:

>You probably don't need proxy arp for anything, so comment out the
>proxyarp line in /etc/ppp/options. But, I'd suspect the default route
>might not be set to ppp0, but instead to eth0 -- check it with ifconfig.
>
>AFAIK, proxyarp is only necessary for when your machine is accepting
>dial-ins.

Yes, I checked it with ifconfig and the first listing is eth0, then local loopback, then ppp0. This is embarrassing, but how do I temporarily change that? (I CC'd the list so maybe this would help someone else one day.)

I checked /etc/ppp/options and all of my chatscripts but didn't see anything allowing me to specify anything.

I want to be able to change this back when I plug into the LAN, of course.

Thanks,

Brian