Bash and Letter E

Hello

	Sorry for asking again about my problem but I can't make my
letter E work in bash (neither in console nor xterm). See what
happens:

- "E" is treated like a dead key. It is not showed at first time, but
when you press another key after "E", it beeps

- "E" works in other programs and shells (ksh, csh and so on), so it
is not a hardware

- I booted with another kernel (in case one from RedHat 6.1 CD) and it
didn't work

- I booted with init option (linux init=/bin/bash) in order to run no
init script and it didn't work either. I also tried D option (linux
D).

- I tried another keyboard and no success

- I reinstalled libc6, libncurses5 and base-files

- I installed older and newer versions of bash and libc6

- I created a new user with no /etc/input, no ~/.inputrc, no
~/.bash(rc|_profile) and even so it didn't work

I am running out of ideas. I am almost getting bash source code,
compiling with debug option and running gdb!! Anyone have an idea?

PS: Could you send a copy to my email address? I am not a subscriber
of debian-devel nor debian-user

[]'s
--
Rodrigo Castro   <rcastro@linux.ime.usp.br>
Computer Science undergraduate student - University of Sao Paulo

I do not fear computers.  I fear the lack of them.
                -- Isaac Asimov