Re: Can't unzip kernel 2.2.14

On Fri, Mar 24, 2000 at 10:13:32AM -0700, Matheson wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I keep downloading the kernel source (2.2.14) off of kernel.org (slink
> doesn't have the new kernel in it's package list), but I can't ever
> unzip it.  I've tried downloading it with lynx about five times, but
> when I try to save it, it gives me an end-request i/o error.  I've saved
> it to a couple different places on my hard-disk, so I know it's not all
> bad, but when I go to unzip the kernel, gzip gives me an stdin error:
> unexpected EOF.
>
> What can I do?

Use a real file transfer client, like ftp, ncftp, wget, or something similar.

"Real hackers mostly think crackers are lazy, irresponsible, and not very
bright, and object that being able to break security doesn't make you a
hacker any more than being able to hotwire cars makes you an automotive
engineer."
   -- The Hacker HOWTO

Dwayne C. Litzenberger - dlitz@cheerful.com

See the mail headers for GPG/advertising/homepage information.