Re: Lying to dpkg?

cjw44@cam.ac.uk (Colin Watson) writes:

> d4jonas@dtek.chalmers.se (Jonas Steverud) wrote:
[...]
> >The only problem with this is dselect will tell you the packages made
> >by equivs are obsolete - but I maybe did some wrong when I deleted the
> >.debs? Anyone who knows?
>
> Obsolete/local, strictly: it's the "local" bit that's relevant to you.
> You can safely ignore this, but if you recreate the .debs and run 'dpkg
> -A package.deb' then I believe they'll be recorded in the available file
> and therefore not listed as local.

But it will still list the package as obsolete, right? I mean, the
ftpserver will not list it as available and if I'm not misstaken
dselect then thinks it's obsolete.

The issue isn't that very great, it's just a minor source for
irritation - and only sometimes - and I was mostly curious wheather
there was something I've overlooked.

--
( GnuPG/PGP key @ www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d4jonas/  !     Wei Wu Wei     )
( Meaning of U2 Lyrics, Roleplaying, Emacs/Gnus   !  To Do Without Do  )