Re: Lying to dpkg?

d4jonas@dtek.chalmers.se (Jonas Steverud) wrote:
>Phoenix Amon <phoenix@directiondesigns.com> writes:
>> Jonas wrote:
>> > Have a look at the equivs package. The other programs should find
>> > your programs as long as you have them in the $PATH.
>>
>> For anyone who's interested, I took this route since it would solve
>> the problem once and for all.
>
>The only problem with this is dselect will tell you the packages made
>by equivs are obsolete - but I maybe did some wrong when I deleted the
>.debs? Anyone who knows?

Obsolete/local, strictly: it's the "local" bit that's relevant to you.
You can safely ignore this, but if you recreate the .debs and run 'dpkg
-A package.deb' then I believe they'll be recorded in the available file
and therefore not listed as local.

--
Colin Watson                                           [cjw44@cam.ac.uk]