Re: Debian

Marshal writes:
> But I think for businesses, "official" means a customer-help line from
> the selling company.

Plenty of people will sell you Debian with support.

> Along the same line, what to companies like Corel, and Storm do if
> customers find something wrong with the Debian distro underneath?

What does Red Hat do if customers find something wrong with the free
software underneath?  They've got the source and the free license: they can
do whatever they want.  The right thing to do is to file a bug with a patch
and work with the maintainer, but they are free to fork a version if they
so choose.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)