Re: Debian

    > Marshal writes:
    >> I think the "no support" part is more of a "no OFFICIAL
    >> support".

    > debian-user is quite "official".

    > I think that they mean that there is no paid support.  They're
    > wrong: while support from Debian itself is only available free
    > there are many who sell Debian support.  Check www.debian.org.
    > -- John Hasler john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler) Dancing Horse Hill
    > Elmwood, WI

I stand corrected.  But I think for businesses, "official" means a
customer-help line from the selling company.  Looks like Debian is the
only major distribution left which isn't produced by a for-profit
company.

Along the same line, what to companies like Corel, and Storm do if
customers find something wrong with the Debian distro underneath?

Marshal