Debian Perl Modules

I was taking a look at the perl modules on my debian system, and I
noticed that there are a couple of Debian perl modules. In fact I
once built a newer version of perl on my debian system, and I noticed
that apt, and I believe dpkg stopped working.

My Question:
Is it possible to build a new version of perl on my debian system and
install these perl modules? Say I have slink I want to upgrade perl to
the latest. Can I add in these perl modules, and where would I get the
source to add them?

brian
--
Brian Lavender