Re: Limping and bleeding with Corel Linux

Vitux wrote:
  >If you specify the amount of ram reported by the
  >bios, you will probably get an error like the one
  >you're describing. You need to specify the amount
  >available to linux, after the kernel has taken
  >what it needs. Try specifying 4-8 Mb less than the
  >actual amount, and you should be fine. (Some of
  >the gurus can probably give you a more in-depth
  >explanation...)

I don't believe this is true.  At least, I have always specified the
full amount of RAM.

This particular user actually specified by mistake more physical
RAM than he had, which caused a crash.

     "Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the
      life; he that believeth in me, though he were dead,
      yet shall he live; And whosoever liveth and believeth
      in me shall never die.        John 11:25,26