Re: Environment setting before gdm start

On Wed, Mar 22, 2000 at 12:04:28PM +0100, Joachim Trinkwitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wants to get german menues in gdm for my users, which implies
> setting the LC_ALL environment variable to de_DE. I did this in the
> /etc/profile, but this only helps after gdm is restarted.
>
> I understand that gdm starts before the /etc/profile settings are
> worked out. How to set some variables early enough?

/etc/profile is for Bash. I don't think gdm cares about that. But, in
/etc/gdm/gdm.conf there is this parameter (which I have set to english):

DefaultLocale=english

| Eric G. Miller                        egm2@jps.net |
| GnuPG public key: http://www.jps.net/egm2/gpg.asc  |