Re: Can't install tetex on slink

quick answer:

1) dpkg --purge <all your tetex packages>
2) make sure you have a pointer in /etc/apt/sources.list to a current
   mirror
3) apt-get update
4) apt-get install <all the tetex packages you want>

I notice in the text below that you're trying to install/configure some
-1 packages, and there came a problem with those packages once they
were more than one year old (or some such thing, search the list if you
care). Here's my current slink system, just updated this morning:

ii  tetex-base      0.9.981113-2   basic teTeX library files
ii  tetex-bin       0.9.981113-4   teTeX binary files
ii  tetex-doc       0.9.981113-2   teTeX documentation
ii  tetex-extra     0.9.981113-2   extra teTeX library files
ii  tetex-nonfree   0.9.981113-2   non-free teTeX library files