Can't install tetex on slink

Hello,

I'm running slink (the one which comes with "Debian GNU/Linux
Unleashed") on a Pentium II.

Ok. I've been trying to install tetex since yesterday without
success...

I've tried to install from the cd-rom, from the debian site (with
apt-get), and I got the same problem (with the tetex-bin
package)... I've tried to run Install and Configure several times, but
it didn't work.

Is there anything else I could try? (I really need some LaTeX package
here).

Thank you very much,
J.

Setting up lacheck (1.26-1) ...
Setting up tetex-base (0.9.981113-1) ...

Setting up tetex-bin (0.9.981113-2) ...
/usr/bin/texconfig: No $TEXMFMAIN in texmf.cnf file.
/usr/bin/texconfig: set TEXMFCNF variable to the directory where teTeX's texmf.cnf file is in.
dpkg: error processing tetex-bin (--install):
Setting up tetex-doc (0.9.981113-1) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of tetex-extra:
 tetex-extra depends on tetex-bin (>= 0.9-1); however:
  Package tetex-bin is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing tetex-extra (--install):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of dvidvi:
 dvidvi depends on tetex-bin; however:
  Package tetex-bin is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing dvidvi (--install):
 tetex-bin
 tetex-extra
 dvidvi

--
Jeronimo Pellegrini
Institute of Computing - Unicamp - Brazil